Shoplifting is on the rise. National studies show that shoplifting is higher than ever. Unfortunately it will probably stay this way for some time. Those retailers who want to turn a profit have to maximize every sale and reduce every loss possible.
This makes clothing security even more important than ever.
If you are not protecting your company aggressively you WILL LOOSE MONEY. Are you taking the following clothing security actions?
- Do you have adequate floor coverage at all times (shoplifters will watch for vulnerabilities)?
- Are you and your employees properly trained in anti shoplifting techniques?
- Is that training reinforced regularly?
- Do you have policy and procedures that outlines how your company protects its employees, customers and merchandise?
- Are you doing routine cycle counts on “hot” merchandise?
- Are you making adjustments to your shoplifting prevention plan? If an item becomes hot are you aware and protecting it with Checkpoint Systems or other anti shoplifting devices?
- Do you and your employees approach anyone suspected of shoplifting with an intensive customer service approach.
- Are your Checkpoint systems working properly? Are false alarms and phantoms address?
- Is a front-end employee assigned and immediately approaching customer’s when the Checkpoint systems alarms to resolve the situation. Or do they just wave them on (shoplifters love this and look for retailers who do this)?
- Is the merchandise you have identified in your clothing security plan being tagged before it hits the floor? Is every bit of it tagged or are you hearing “I couldn’t get to it”?
- If you use Checkpoint systems tags or Alpha hard tags are ALL of the detachers accounted for and physically bolted or tied down to prevent unauthorized use or theft of the detacher itself?
Let’s go into 2011 with a positive clothing security attitude and make it a more profitable year!
For more information about clothing security tags or security tags on clothes contact us at clothing security or call 1.866.914.2567